Homework is seen as an integral part of the learning opportunity provided for students at Patchway Community School.
It not only reinforces classroom learning, it also helps students to develop skills and attitudes they need for successful exam preparation and lifelong learning.
It promotes independent learning skills, including the habits of inquiry and investigation. It also provides feedback to teachers on how students are learning.
Homework also allows parents and carers to be involved in students’ learning and keeps them informed about work students are doing. All homework is set on the Firefly site where students can download their homework and parents can also see what homework has been set.
- Download the Firefly app (for parents or students) for which you will need the code patchwaycs
- Or use the link of https://patchwaycs.fireflycloud.net/
- You will need to use the green banner to “Activate Your Account” (below Forgotten Password which you may need at a later date)
- You will send yourself an email. (Students will have to use their school email address. Parents and Carers will need to use the email address that we have registered to them at school.)
- That email will allow you to choose a password. There are strict rules about what the password needs to contain. You will then be given the opportunity to log into Firefly.
- If you or your child have any problems accessing Firefly, please contact [email protected]
Expectations of Students:
- To bring your planner to school every day
- To use your planner consistently to record all homework, including handing in dates
- To use the planner effectively as a learning tool
- To bring the correct books to all lessons.
Expectations of Parents/Carers:
- To check your child’s planner on a daily basis
- To sign your child’s planner weekly
- To engage with your child about the content of their homework
- To provide suitable working conditions at home
- To contact the Academy in the event of homework issues
- To support your child to ensure that they bring all necessary books and materials to the Academy.
Expectations of classroom teachers:
- To set appropriate homework
- To acknowledge all written homework
- To ensure that homework is clearly labelled as such in books.
For our full Homework policy please click here.